Re: [science-iwg] java <-> python service bridge

At the moment Py4J's Script Engine impl in EASE has nearly no* deps on
Eclipse bundles. The bug exception is that it depends on
org.eclipse.ease itself, and within EASE there would have to be some
refactoring to do a real core <-> eclipse <-> ui separation as at the
moment there is basically only a partial core <-> ui separation, but
both depend on eclipse.

* I am using o.e.core.runtime to extract files from bundles and
resolve bundles (in dir shape) as java.io.File for location. Probably
just need the pure OSGi versions for this. (As an aside, is there an
equivalent to Eclipse-BundleShape: dir for pure OSGi, py4j-python has
Eclipse-BundleShape: dir to access the many python files).

Jonah
~~~
Jonah Graham
Kichwa Coders Ltd.