[science-iwg] Very useful info related to multi-layer dvp & builds when using targets based on p2 repositories

Dear all,

I just wanted to share a piece of very useful information with you all, that I found on http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33646330/how-to-avoid-the-specific-feature-versions-in-eclipse-target-definitions.

Thanks to Jonah (member of the Science IWG) for that answer!

Context :

For the EclipseCon next week, we're preparing a demo integration between Triquetrum and ICE.
I.e. ICE would get a feature to launch Triquetrum workflows!

This involves adding Triquetrum features to the ICE target definition.
Triquetrum in turn uses Ptolemy features in its target definition.
And to prepare for the demo, work is being done on the 3 layers.

We've been hitting an annoying issue with our respective target definitions in the Triquetrum and ICE workspaces. They're based on p2 locations of the underlying layers. And when you build an updated p2 repos for e.g. Ptolemy (replacing the previous contents on the same p2 location), this is not picked up by e.g. the Triquetrum target. The problem is that when you use the target editor in a straightforward manner, it stores the detailed feature versions that you selected when you first defined the target. And so it does not automatically look for the most recent feature versions on that p2 location.

The link above describes how to address and solve this problem.

cheers
erwin

Back to the top