[science-iwg] Data Structures - part deux

Hi all,

Following on from feedback for the January project proposal this is a thread for clarifying the scope and what the project should encompass.

As a sort-of self-appointed product manager I'm looking at it from the user perspective trying to answer these questions:
- What is it all about?
- What problems does it solve?
- Who really gives a damn?

For the initial proposal, touted as a 'numpy for Java' I have good answers for all those questions (mainly from the proposal itself, and work on python integration with Java).

When it comes to expanding the scope, I'm guilty of getting excited about integrating all the tools and not necessarily understanding what the structures are or are good for and how they all fit together.

I am certainly aware of specific use-cases beyond the current nd-array implementation, especially for the Triquetrum project, but it's pretty limited.

So maybe best to start with both the ICE and EAVP data structures first - do some good knowledge transfer from Jay on the types of structures we are talking about and the usecases for these...

Tracy

Back to the top