Re: [science-iwg] January - New Eclipse Project Proposal

Jonah,

This is great news! Awesome!

My first concern is that during our previous discussion about this both at ECE, on the list, and during the SC call a couple of months ago we concluded that it was best to include ICE's data structures as part of the initial contribution. From the proposal it looks like you want to deliver an IC and then come back around to EAVP and ICE. I think that is the correct approach for EAVP, but I think ICE's data structures should be part of the IC. They are ready to go and can just be dropped in.

My second concern is that the project has only two committers, you and Peter. I think there are other people in the group that would have justifiable roles in this (Matt, Baha, etc.) and it is better to list them now. If you list them now then they will not have to be elected later.

Both of these concerns boil down to getting as much of the community involved as soon as possible. I think that is really important for all the science projects.

I'll copy this into a comment on the proposal.

Jay