Re: [science-iwg] Project recommendations

FWIW, that is essentially why ORNL's default OSS license is New BSD.

Jay

On Apr 8, 2015 4:11 PM, "Mike Milinkovich" <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 08/04/2015 11:57 AM, Philip Wenig wrote:
I already spoke with Christoph and Egon. They are willing to dual-license the CDK under the LGPL and MIT or BSD license. Nonetheless, the best would be if they could also join the Science WG :-).

I have to be honest: I am not sure that I could get the Eclipse Board to agree to an LGPL-licensed project at Eclipse, even if it is dual-licensed with MIT or BSD. It is not completely out of the question, but it would most certainly be a significant risk.

Would EPL+BSD be an option? I am not a lawyer, but I cannot think of a scenario where that combination would harm the existing adopters. Anyone using the code from the (L)GPL world would continue to do so under the BSD.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx
+1.613.220.3223 (mobile)