Re: [science-iwg] Instrumentino - an open-source framework for Arduino based (but not only) scientific instruments

On 04/02/2015 12:30 PM, Yoel Koenka wrote:
Oh, in that case perhaps I am interested in turning Instrumentino as an eclipse project.
Where can I read about what that actually means (governance and release models?)
I don't know how to manage an multi-commiter open-source project, so I'll be happy to learn on possible structures.

I see you submitted an talk for EclipseCon France. That's cool! Please add to the abstract that you are willing to contribute it as an Eclipse project.
At EclipseCon France, we plan to have some time during the Unconference (on June 23rd) to have the Foundation explaining the benefits of moving a project to Eclipse.org, and some people giving testimonials about how they turned their projects to Eclipse.org ones. That will probably be of high interest for you. However, you don't have to wait for EclipseCon France to go forward with moving your project to Eclipse.org. If you have questions about why/how and so on, you can ask them to emo@xxxxxxxxxxx for official answers.
A quick note about licenses as you asked in a previous mail: the Eclipse Foundation generally asks projects to be licensed under the EPL license ( https://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html ), which is a business-friendly and easy-collaboration license, as opposed to GPL which comes with too many constraints for adopters.

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat