Re: [science-iwg] Eclipse ICE initial contribution in GitHub

Thanks Philip!

I answered your questions in-line, below.

Jay

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 10:16 AM, Philip Wenig <philip.wenig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Congrats! Great job Jay and team :-)

As I'm currently working on the OpenChrom/ChemClipse proposal, I have a few questions which might be interesting for other projects too:

* Have you submitted a ZIP file or a pointer to a distinct GIT/SVN branch of ICE?

We submitted a zip file to IP-Zilla that contained our initial contribution, which was a branch of our trunk.

* Is it allowed to work on the code while it's in the proposal stage?

Yes and after so long as the person making the changes is/will be a committer on the project. Outside of the proposal stage, once the initial contribution has been made, you can select the parallel-ip process for review so that after a preliminary review you can continue editing the initial contribution.

* How have you handled requested code changes? Was a separate branch needed?

We used a separate branch.

Best,
Philip