Re: [recommenders-dev] Snipmatch GSOC was: How to start with Recommender's source code

Hi Sascha!

On 22.02.2012, at 10:25, Sascha Vogt wrote:

> sorry for the late response to that, and maybe it's superfluous now, but
> I thought I post it anyway.

^^

>> [...]
> Have you ever thought about using EMF as your model format?

No, (I) didn't.  But at the moment I saw your mail...
Thanks for bringing this up.

> I played
> with it a few months ago, especially for distributed models using CDO
> and I was quite impressed.
[snip]

I've seen a few (impressive) demos on that but I had no time to take a closer look on it.

A few questions that come into mind - maybe you have a few answers to them?

How mature is CDO?
Would it scale for potentially millions of users?
How much network traffic does it cause to synchronize a local repository with a remote one?
Does it allow to persist data locally?

I can imagine that this could work out well in a in-house scenario where everyone can interactively change/update snippets. It would actually be pretty cool I think. But I've concerns basing the implementation of Snipmatch on top of CDO - because I'm not an expert in this area.

Cheng, Sascha,
how about encapsulating the storage backend to enable later exchange?

Sascha,
are you seeking for spare-time hobby to train your CDO knowledge?

[CDO/EMf based in-house template stores... I like that idea...]

--
Eclipse Code Recommenders:
 w www.eclipse.org/recommenders

Back to the top