[recommenders-dev] Recommenders 0.5 Testing Phase

Hi recommendarians,

Milestone M5 is approaching and with it Code Recommenders 0.5!

For Juno we finally moved all build infrastructure to build.eclipse.org and download.eclipse.org respectively. Our update sites completely moved to http://download.eclipse.org/recommenders/updates/. Now there is one for Eclipse 3.7 and one for Eclipse 4.2 (Eclipse 3.8 should work with both ATM).

Additionally, update sites have been split into three categories: HEAD, DEV and STABLE.

HEAD builds are served directly from hudson and are accessible under these urls:
http://download.eclipse.org/recommenders/updates/head/e37
http://download.eclipse.org/recommenders/updates/head/e42

DEV builds are promoted commits (branches in git) and are made accessible under these urls:
http://download.eclipse.org/recommenders/updates/dev/e37
http://download.eclipse.org/recommenders/updates/dev/e42

STABLE builds do not exist yet.
They will be promoted dev builds that passed a formal review at eclipse.

The direct build-server outputs are accessible here:
http://download.eclipse.org/recommenders/builds/

There is also one update site that contains the signed content for the Juno Release Train build with all dependencies required to install these features:  http://download.eclipse.org/recommenders/builds/recommenders.smoketest-e42/train/.

My Thanks to Johannes who figured out how sign-and-publish works on eclipse.org infrastructure!

The HEAD update site contains the latest version of Code Recommenders'
* Intelligent Calls Completion.
* Intelligent Overrides Completion,
* Naive Subwords Completion,
* Naive Chain Completion, and
* Extdoc Client

The Extdoc client is supposed to work this weekend. Due to the (temporary) loss of an old campaigner, we have to migrate a few databases to an external service. The other tools, however, should work already.

I'd like to ask you to download the latest version from head update site and test it in a daily use. It should make recommendations for Eclipse APIs only (supporting more frameworks is planned for M7) but more important: it shouldn't do any harm or cause delays/freezes in the UI. So, please install and just run them w/o any particular configuration.

If you experience any strange behavior please report it to bugzilla. In the case you experience an UI freeze, consider to use 'jstack <pid>' and send the complete stacktrace dump to bugzilla too.

Thanks a lot for your assistance and happy testing!
Marcel

--
Eclipse Code Recommenders:
 w www.eclipse.org/recommenders