[recommenders-dev] Draft of Code Recommenders 0.5 - Release Review Docuware

Hi,

the past weeks were quite stressful but finally we got everything in place and are now ready for joining the release train. Many thanks to Sebastian and Johannes how put lots of efforts into the project to make it work!

With the latest changes in the code base we also solved several serious performance challenges with Code Recommenders completion engines - not least to several JDT changes for 3.8. To give all these numerous efforts a target, we planned to request our first official release review in accordance to the Eclipse Development Process.

This requires several things to be in place (see http://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/HOWTO/Release_Reviews) like a passed all open IP checks, review docuware etc. ATM, we have to wait for one required CQ but I'll prepare the remaining bits to start the review process as soon as the IP team approves it. I've attached a first draft of the release review slide deck. Requirements for the document are a bit vague, but http://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/HOWTO/Release_Reviews#Preparing_the_Docuware gives a few pointers what might be put in this docuware. Feel invited to scan the slides and provide some feedback on its content and suggestions on how to improve them.

Thanks!

All the best,
Marcel