[paho-dev] Committer Election for Cristian Pop on Eclipse Paho has started

A committer election for Cristian Pop on project Eclipse Paho (iot.paho) was
started by Ian Craggs with this criteria:

Cristian has made an impact on the project by representing Microsoft's
interest in some of the Paho projects.

He started with the embedded C project, where he triaged all the issues -
responding to some of them, allowing me to close 25 of them, and then
pointing the way to addressing the others.
He contributed 10 pull requests which have been merged into the embedded C
project:

https://github.com/eclipse/paho.mqtt.embedded-c/pulls?q=is%3Apr+author%3ACIPop

We have had discussions about the design and further functionality of the
embedded C project with a view to making a release which contains MQTT 5.0
support. The embedded C project had not seen any progress for a number of
years, so the prospect of having a committer with a focus in this area is
very welcome.

He and I have had discussions about the different approaches taken in the
embedded C and main C Paho client, and how the experiences of each apply to
the other and to MQTT client libraries in general. He has contributed two
small PRs to the main C client project:

https://github.com/eclipse/paho.mqtt.c/pulls?q=is%3Apr+author%3ACIPop

Cristian and the team he works with are also interested in contributing to
the Rust and Python clients. We have held a committer (online) meeting where
Cristian was introduced to the other active committers.

It is my pleasure to nominate Cristian as a committer on Eclipse Paho.

Eclipse Paho project committers can click the election link below to vote.

Election:
https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/iot.paho/elections/election-cristian-pop-committer-eclipse-paho

Project: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/iot.paho

Back to the top