[nebula-dev] Re: [technology-pmc] Restructuring Nebula Project

a) Every *single* widget is transformed into a subproject. So it can
  follow its own release cycle, incubation state, committer election,

+1

  ... .

b) How can we the Nebula-Project-Leads and the Technology PMC ensure
  that the overhead for the current widgets is as easy as possible. For
  widgets like our nebula ones the subproject process is too heavy
  weight IMHO (at least for the existing ones).

What I would like is clarity: where is the process outlined and who do I contact with questions (not a group, a person).
I don't mind a little extra work or overhead, but I find that confusion and a lack of direction is crippling.
If I can help put together some of this process, I'll find the time - just let me know what I can do.

c) Should we start with widgets currently proposed at nebula with this
  process?

This seems like a logical place to start - and once a widget has gone through process, the committer(s) can help with others just starting.  By the time we get to new projects, it should be pretty streamlined.

d) Open up our own IRC as a fast communication channel between
  committers, project leads, ... ? I would have been in need of this
  last week where the E4 asked me to get a tagged version of the
  Gallery to setup a build (well Nicolas infact there now exist a build
  for your [1] :-)

I'll vote "present" - this is not something I use, but if it benefits others then it's probably a good idea.

Back to the top