Re: [mosquitto-dev] Bridging and order of (re)sending of messages

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the quick response!

This is actually a good idea (and working, in my my first experiments here). It even looks like the 'retained' value is indeed sent before any 'queued' messages, so a bonus!
(I'll sent more info about my setup in a reply to Greg)

Regards,

Richard

On 2021-06-21 14:22, Steve Mullock wrote:
Dear Richard

I am no expert, but could you get the behaviour you want by having the
local devices publish
in parallel to a additional topic ".../something/latest" with the
retained flag set. My
inderstanding is that only one retained message is kept, so the
".../something/latest" topic
would just have the newwest measurement. Your remote client could then read the something/latest before getting other readings from topic ".../something".

regards

Steve