[mosquitto-dev] Bridging and order of (re)sending of messages

Hi Devs/All,

We have a setup in which a small edge computer with sensor and with limited/bad network connection is set to bridge messages (from local clients) to a central collection point broker.

The idea is/was that the broker ON the edge computer will be able to hold the messages and start (re)sending them to the central collector broker when there is a network connection again.

This seems to work nicely! But...

Question: upon a reconnection, the local broker seems to sent the messages in the order they were received. Plausible in a lot of situations, but in my case we want to have asap the latest known sensor value (and we do not mind receiving older message too off course, but we are mostly interested in the latest). In this case we will at least have the latest values and the computer will not 'waste time/bandwidth' sending the older data (note this is in an emergency response setup, with mobile sensor cars driving in remote areas with bad g4 connections).

I could not find a way to configure mosquitto for such an option. Did I miss something or should I create a 'feature request' for it? :-)

Would this be of interest for others too, maybe?

Thanks for any input, Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde

Back to the top