Re: [mosquitto-dev] max_queued_messages

Hi Spiros,

Sorry I obviously missed your original message.

> 1) How can the publisher know  if the subscriber is getting the data or if
> the max_queued_messages is reached (e.g. the subscriber crashed/is
> restarting/etc) and the previous messages are being dropped? We really
> wouldn't like to implement an application-level flow control, that should
> be preferably handled by the queue.

On a global level you can monitor $SYS/broker/publish/messages/dropped , but you can't do it on a per-client basis.

> 2) Could the broker throttle/stop publishing for channels

This isn't possible at the moment - it's not something planned either.

> 3) Is the queue size per topic, publisher or subscriber

Per subscriber.

> 4) Can we check the queue size with a SYS query?

No. Essentially anything on a client level you can't get information on.

Cheers,

Roger

Back to the top