[mosquitto-dev] max_queued_messages

The problem:
* We want to have 1000s of topics with lots of publishers (through 3G remote connections), and 1-2 subscribers (on the DataCenter).
* There is a requirement of no data loss, QoS will be 2

1) How can the publisher know  if the subscriber is getting the data or if the max_queued_messages is reached (e.g. the subscriber crashed/is restarting/etc) and the previous messages are being dropped? We really wouldn't like to implement an application-level flow control, that should be preferably handled by the queue.
2) Could the broker throttle/stop publishing for channels
3) Is the queue size per topic, publisher or subscriber
4) Can we check the queue size with a SYS query?

What are your suggestions?
Best Regards,
-Spiros

Spiros Ioannou