[leshan-dev] Plan for a 0.9 or 1.0 version of Leshan

Hi all,

Having a release for Leshan could be great. We're still waiting for a 1.0 version of the spec, but we identify several points we would like to see for a first release of Leshan and we should focus on.

You could find the identified issues here : https://github.com/eclipse/leshan/labels/1.0 This is not specially ordered by priority. (all seems really essential except #198)

To release Leshan we will also need a Californium release. We currently depends on the "persistent observationStore" which is in the 2.0 branch. So if we want to release Leshan we also need to focus on a stable Californium release. Currently there is a lot changes in Californium, and I think we should identify a limited number of new feature we want for this release.
  Here is what it seems important to me:
1)This issue seems essentials : https://github.com/eclipse/californium/issues/104. 2)As I explain here[1], I think that correlate request/response by session/epoch is really too strong I would also be able to just made the correlation by Identity in Leshan. Having a way to do that in Californium by offering a way to implement your own correlator or by adding a new correlation mode could be a good point. 3)(optional) ObservationStore currently identify an observation just by token. We should probably use an additional information like Identity or CorrelationContext to identify it.
  This 3 issues focus on security and observe behind NAT.

Simon

[1]https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/search/?email_list=core&gbt=1&index=0vwuEnq6IRHJc70l3BTggX6p9vs

Back to the top