Re: [leshan-dev] DHT-11 set up with lehsan

On Mo, 2016-07-25 at 20:45 +0530, Manoj Verma wrote:
> Hi Simon,
> Thanks for your interest :)
> lehsan is coap based
> kura is mqtt based
> So in order to control sensor we use lehsan and for data we use mqtt
> broker through kura.
> [Question]
> 1)Will PI runs different servers for lehsan and Kura.
> 2)Or somehow we can merge lehsan sever as a embedded server in kura?
If the sensors can connect to Kura only (i.e. they are on a private
network where you have deployed a Kura instance as a "gateway" to your
back end) then you  will need to run a leshan server on Kura, yes. Kura
itself by default connects to an MQTT broker (not running on Kura but
usually in the back end) for transmitting data from sensors to back end
components (like Eclipse Kapua) and for receiving management messages.
If you want to be able to manage sensors from the back end as well then
you will need to implement a mapping from the protocol Kura uses with
the back end to/from LWM2M (what the leshan server on Kura uses to
manage the sensors).

> 3)Just curious to know why kura-lwm2m tree is broken? No progress
> from long time.
Probably because nobody feels a desire to get it running :-) It's open
source, so if you feel that you need this then you should simply start
working on it and ask for advice on the Kura mailing list.