[leshan-dev] cancelling a queued request

Hello,

Now that we have the concept of requestTicket associated with each request and response in Leshan, I have a specific request. I would like to create a PR to add cancelRequest(requestTicket) method in LwM2mRequestSender interface.

I checked the LWM2M spec and it doesn’t say anything or prohibits from cancelling a queued message. Yes of course with cancellation, the sequence of messages queued for the LWM2M client is effectively altered, which in my opinion, is exactly what the application layer would expect if it invokes this method. Also there is one potential risk that a message even though cancelled on LWM2M/CoAP level, could already be delivered or on the wire to the LWM2M client in which case the response would be ignored.

Is there anyone in the community against such a PR? If yes, I would be glad to hear your side of the argument. Thanks.

Regards,

Bala

Back to the top