Re: [leshan-dev] LwM2M bootstrapping purpose

I think having any of the the two sets of credentials (DM & BS) being stolen can result in a large amount of damage being done, depending on your particular use case at hand. Being able to invalidate the credentials from the back end side provides means to protect against misuse of stolen credentials (if you are able to detect the leakage of them). However, the real difference is the effort that needs to spent in order to remedy the situation. DM: quite easy, i.e. can be done from the BS server. BS: may be hard, requires other means of accessing the device (which is not covered by LWM2M).