Re: [leshan-dev] [wakaama-dev] application/link-format & wireshark

Hi,

Adding Leshan ML in CC
On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 1:36 PM Stavros Petris <spetris@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I am checking Wakaama lwm2mclient with Leshan server and for this I am using Wireshark to check the packets that are exchanged. I am a bit confused about the content-types.

I think you are not alone ;)

I am using Leshan 1.10 , latest version of wakaama and wireshark Version 1.12.3

1-register client)
When registering the Wakaama client to the server Wireshark reports as content-type
Payload: Payload Content-Format: text/plain; charset=utf-8 (no Content-Format), Length:
Payload Desc: text/plain; charset=utf-8

When reading the lwm2m spec at section 5.2.1 it says: The Media Type of this payload is application/link-format.

Since it's the only possible format (today) for the registration payload, Leshan don't look at the Content-Type and simply parse it as link format.

AFAIK Wakaama doesn't set the Content-Format option, but maybe we could add it.

Anyway wireshark is wrong to assume it's text/plain, http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7252#section-5.10.3
if the Content-Format is not specified, you should not assume a default type (like wireshark does)

2-write timezone value)
When I try to (change)write the Timezone value I get from wireshark
Payload: Payload Content-Format: Unknown Type 1541, Length: 13

and I also get the following error from Leshan
Unable to write resource /3/0/15 for wakama_lwm2m : 400 Invalid CoAP code for LWM2M response: 161

Type 1541 was defined as a temporary type because we are waiting the Open Mobile Alliance  to ask the definitive number to the IANA..
Anyway Wakaama ignore it, so don't worry.

The error 400 is probably due to the value inside the payload, are you sure you formated it correctly?

3-write lifetime value)
When I try to (change)write the lifetime resource I get from wireshar:
Payload: Payload Content-Format: Unknown Type 1541, Length: 3

This time I get no error from Leshan

This show it's not a content-format issue :) it's probably due to the way you format your /3/0/15 timezone value or what wakaama example object expect.

Are these wireshark issues or lwm2m implentation issues?

Thanks