[kura-dev] Fixing the native build situation

Hi kura-dev,

I invested a bit of time in fixing the current native build situation of Kura.

As I see it, right now there is no proper way to re-build all the native blobs which Kura distributes.

So I think we do need a solution:
* Easily reproducible
* Has close to no manual setup steps
* Can be run on any local machine without previously installing custom software (meaning software not provided by the core distribution)

I would say that using Docker for creating a few compilation containers would solve those issues. Docker can be run on any OS and we can use a different set of Linux distributions (inside of Docker) to compile or cross-compile Kura binaries.

I gave it a try and came up with the setup in [1], in my fork of Kura on GitHub.

I encourage you all to have a look at it and give some feedback.

Cheers

Jens

[1] https://github.com/ctron/kura/tree/feature/fix_c_build_warnings_1/nativeBuild

--
Jens Reimann
Senior Software Engineer / EMEA ENG Middleware

Red Hat GmbH, www.de.redhat.com,
Managing Directors: Paul Argiry, Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael O'Neill

Back to the top