[jgit-dev] Facing Issue of Heap Space error in JGit 6.6.1

Dear [Community Members],

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek insights and advice regarding an issue encountered after upgrading from JGit version 6.3.0 to 6.6.1.

Since the upgrade, I have been facing Heap Space Errors in a Java application that runs continuously. The problem seems to be associated with the continuous addition of cleanup hooks in the ApplicationShutdownHooks. Upon investigation, I observed that the upgraded version of JGit introduced a new PidLock with a lock() method in the jgit.internal.storage.file.GC class.

As per my understanding, ApplicationShutdownHooks execute hooks during the application or JVM closing. However, in our scenario, the application needs to run continuously, leading to a continuous insertion of hooks in ApplicationShutdownHooks and resulting in heap space errors after some time.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or guidance from the community on how to address this issue effectively.

Thank you for your time and expertise.

Best regards, Abhi Patel

Back to the top