Re: [jgit-dev] Gerrit clone time takes ages, because of PackWriter.searchForReuse()

On Thursday, October 1, 2020 4:51:46 PM MDT Martin Fick wrote:
> On Thursday, October 1, 2020 4:44:22 PM MDT Martin Fick wrote:
> > On Thursday, October 1, 2020 10:51:19 PM MDT Luca Milanesio wrote:
> > >  The above is a cycle for *all* objects that goes into the another scan
> > >  for *all* packfiles inside the selectObjectRepresentation().
>
> Also, check the jgit DFS implementation, I seem to recall that it might have
> done something a bit better here?

If I remember correctly, it stores something about the size of the objects
during the initial walking phase so that it does not need to refind that data
during selectObjectRepresentation() (I think I was hacking a solution to do
that and noticed that the DFS version has already done the same thing),

-Martin

--
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code
Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation

Back to the top