[jgit-dev] Git Log --Follow

Hello,
What is meant by the documentation of FollowFilter where it says:
“Results with this filter are unpredictable if the path being followed is a subdirectory.“

Implementing the Followfilter method I cannot follow the log of a specific file through renames (the renames are in and between sub-directories)
With my own implementation I could only detect all renames in the repository or none at all – it becomes painfully slow to match all found renames with the specific file’s name.

I’ve based my work off the jGit-Cookbook and the Test cases of the Eclipse jGit repo and some Stackoverflow answers.
Is there any other code I should look at?

Kind regards

AJ Otto
Adept ICT

Back to the top