[jdt-dev] Unable to open documents through sun.applet.AppletViewer in eclipse - Request help

Hi,

I am launching an applet from eclipse through Run -> Java Applet configuration using the default AppletViewer which is sun.applet.AppletViewer. In the applet, there is a piece of code which opens a document (excel, xml etc) which is as below.

myApplet.getAppletContext().showDocument(url, "_blank");

Now, though the url is correct and points to a valid document, the applet viewer doesn't show up the document.

When I launch the same applet through Internet Explorer, the same scenario works fine and the documents are opened.

Kindly suggest why is the behaviour is so. Can appletviewer open doucments as per the above line of code? If so, what am I doing wrong or missing? Any workarounds?

Sandeep

Back to the top