Re: [jdt-dev] Extending Refactoring

Irum,

Technical questions and discussions about using eclipse and eclipse-based
tools, and developing plug-in tools should be posted to the newsgroups.
working on or otherwise contributing to day-to-day development. The
development mailing lists are the way design and implementation issues are
discussed and decisions voted on by the committers.

However, here are some pointers:

- the refactoring code is hosted in JDT/UI plugin org.eclipse.jdt.ui. So
you need this plug-in
  and all its prerequisites
- you might want to have a look at the packages
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.refactoring*
  and org.eclipse.jdt.internal.corext.refactoring*

Dirk

             Irum Godil
             <softwarengineer2
             004@xxxxxxxxx>                                             To
             Sent by:                  jdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             jdt-dev-admin@ecl                                          cc
             ipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [jdt-dev] Extending Refactoring
             02.01.2005 23:10

             Please respond to
             jdt-dev@eclipse.o
                    rg

Hi,

I am new to using Eclipse and am sorry if this is not the right place to
ask. I am working on a school project and want access to the code base for
the Refactoring Module in Eclipse 3.0; so I can try some of my own
extensions.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find too much help in the area.
Also, all previous newsgroup/mail lists postings are related to the 2.0
version.

Can someone please guide me as to how can I access the entire working copy
of the refactoring module and build on top of it.

Also, which plugins do I need to delete from my working eclipse directory
in order to run the refactoring module as a workbench.

I will appreciate any pointers please.

Thanks.

Do you Yahoo!?