Re: [jakarta.ee-wg] Microsoft is now Enterprise Member of the Jakarta EE Working Group

Hi all,

Thanks indeed and great to finally be here in a more official capacity.

The official messaging from the folks at the right level at Microsoft will happen soon (it’s a bit above my pay-grade which I think in this case is a good thing). The official messaging will very likely include supportive statements from all our long-standing business partners in the Java ecosystem (so probably a lot of people getting this email). It may take another couple of weeks for that to happen. Until then, we will keep a bit of a low profile and focus on completing the on-boarding.

Our initial participation is likely to be very modest, so just learning the ropes as a newcomer company in the working group and seeing where we could contribute - such as perhaps in Jakarta Security. We are doing the same for MicroProfile.

Reza Rahman
Principal Program Manager
Java on Azure at Microsoft
reza.rahman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx