Re: [iot-wg] IoT Developer Survey 2016

Here are some more data models:

IPSO Smart Objects

OIC Resource Type Specification

W3C Web of Things Interest Group

On that subject, I’d like to remind everyone about the IAB sponsored workshop on IoT Semantic Interoperability coming up in March.

SL: "After we are able to exchange messages between Things and applications via communication protocols, how to "understand and use" the messages from the Things in an interoperable fashion will become more and more important.”

Personally, I believe that hypermedia and the HATEOAS design style is our best hope for accommodating the diversity of data models, interaction models, and serializations that we are bound to deal with in the coming age of connected things.

I’m building a demonstration of an IoT system using HATEOAS based on a reference implementation of the Hypermedia Collection interface described in IETF CoRE Interfaces:

Cheers,

Michael