Re: [incubation] IP policy for transitive dependencies

On 27 Sep 2017, at 4:29, Wayne Beaton wrote:

It's a little harder to think about when you distribute, say, a Maven JAR. Strictly speaking, you are only distributing that one JAR. But in the process of resolving that JAR, the consumer will need all sorts of other third party content; this content is all "pre-req dependencies" that we need the Eclipse IP Team to review.

Wayne, on this note - do we have some documentation for projects that uses maven central dependencies on how to best do CQ's and how to build with it ?

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/Contribution_Questionnaire mentions eclipse orbit, but that is not really applicable/useful for the many projects now using more and more mvn dependencies.

It would be good to get guidelines for use of maven dependencies clearly and explicitly documented somewhere.

Thanks,
/max
http://about.me/maxandersen

Back to the top