[incubation] IP policy for transitive dependencies

Hi,

in the IoT PMC we often review CQs by projects for components which the project relies on during runtime (not optionally but as a full pre-req). Some of these components themselves rely on many other components. We are often asked, whether the project needs to create CQs for all of these transitive dependencies as well (given that they are not optional but required during runtime).

The project handbook [1] states that "All third-party libraries required by project code will have to be checked and approved by the IP Team."

Following is a list of cases which constitute a "library required by the project". That list is described as "non-exhaustive" and in fact does not explicitly mention transitive dependencies. My understanding is that transitive deps definitely need to be checked/approved, but I would like to get some feedback e.g. frmo Wayne whether this is actually the case.
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Kai Hudalla
Chief Software Architect

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Ullsteinstraße 128
12109 Berlin
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.com

Registered Office: Berlin, Registration Court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB 148411 B
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr.-Ing. Thorsten Lücke; Managing Directors: Dr.-Ing. Rainer Kallenbach, Michael Hahn

EclipseCon Europe 2017

Back to the top