From: incubation-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:incubation-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of wayne beaton
Sent: Dienstag, 30. Mai 2017 16:57
To: Discussions for new Eclipse projects <incubation@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [incubation] CQ for JMeter plugin

Hi Marc.

It depends on the nature of the use. If you need to actually include the JMeter code with Eclipse Hono project downloads or the project code requires that JMeter be present in order to provide any function, then JMeter is what the guidelines [1] call a "prerequisite dependency". In this case, the JMeter code along with the transitive closure of the dependencies must be removed an approved by the IP Team. Basically, anything that has to be there for the project code to run needs to be approved.

Note that there is a notion of an "exempt prerequisite" dependency where we make exceptions for things like operating systems and Java runtimes.

If the Eclipse Hono project does not actually include the JMeter bits in downloads and we can argue that Eclipse Hono does not require JMeter to provide reasonable functionality, but does provide enhanced functionality when JMeter is present, then we can pursue it as a "works with" dependency. The IP Team relies on the PMC to validate the nature of a "works with" dependency, but does not do any sort of formal review of the code or dependencies. If this is the case, then indicate in a comment on the CQ that the dependency is "works with" and the EMO IP Team will take care of you.

Does this help?