[ide-dev] Dropping the release names (Neon, Oxygen) from user downloads

Hi all,Â

In thinking about the Eclipse IDE more as a product, I want to toss up the suggestion of dropping the release names i.e Neon, Oxygen from anything user facing i.e. download site, etc.Â

I wrote up these thoughts in a postÂhttps://kichwacoders.com/2016/04/28/why-its-time-to-kill-the-eclipse-release-namesneon-oxygen-etc/

The summary is that they unnecessarily add confusion for anyone not intimately familiar with Eclipse. I suggest replacing the releases simply with the year they go out. Perhaps with some convention for intermediate releases.

Thoughts?

Regards,
TracyÂ