Re: [ide-dev] FEEP Draft Discussion

On 10/07/2015 08:58 AM, Kaloyan Raev wrote:
IMHO, we miss here an important interested party to solicit input from - the Friends of Eclipse. If the Friends are the backbone for funding this program then they should have an opinion about the priorities too. This way, we may attract more Friends in future, if they see that their opinion is taken into account, and that the contributions they make come back as improvements that make sense to them.
It may be challenging the collect the input from thousands (hopefully!) Friends of Eclipse, but I believe there is a pragmatic way to do it, e.g. using surveys.
I agree it would be nice if the priority selection would appear more directly influenced by the community.

Bugzilla votes are somehow meant to embody the community wishes.
Maybe one can add a note "The interested parties will take into account community requests. Community members and Friends of Eclipse are invited to show their interest for some specific issues to be fixed by voting on the related Bugzilla entries. Those Bugzilla votes will be interpreted by the selection committee as a measure of priority for the community".
And, from the Donate page: "How to show my wish to get some particular issues fixed? First read ....(the official paragraph in the document)... The best way is to add a vote via Bugzilla on those issues."
I believe stating makes the community a bit closer to the selection process; but still allows to bypass it for cases that have been identified as more important by the various councils.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top