Re: [ide-dev] Survey for IDE feature enhancements

Am 20.11.2013 um 11:08 schrieb Sven Efftinge <sven@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

When you say "potential programming problems"  do you refer to just that subsection in warnings/errors?

All.

Also if we do the survey with that question and people vote for "Yes" we'll have to answer the next question:
Which of the currently ignored checks should be switched to a warning?

I’m aiming for all but experimental ones. Clearly, the JDT committers would have a recommendation on the ones being experimental.

FWIW, I also had a totally different question in mind:

As a user, do you ever modify those preferences at all?
[ ] What preferences?
[ ] No, the defaults fit pretty well
[ ] Yes, we have strict rules in our team and I manage settings for our project
[ ] Yes, I turn some off, there are too many

As you can see, it’s a challenge with user studies. With the style of questions we have now, we present solutions to users and ask them to vote on them. But shouldn’t we first find out if users know about that flexibility and are using that functionality at all? Anyway, I don’t want to start another thread. Just tried to give this as an example. ;)

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx