Re: [ide-dev] Survey for IDE feature enhancements

Ian/Mickael,

Assuming those are defaults we can change at the EPP level, I volunteer for implementing them.

However, may I propose to re-phrase the question as follows:

------
Questions: Java Compiler Warnings
The Eclipse Java compiler performs additional code analysis in order to detect potential programming problems. For some of the problems, convenient Quick Fixes are available to easily correct them. Currently, only a few of those will be reported as warnings by the compiler. It is possible to configure each of them via the Eclipse preference settings.

Some users have requested that the compile more aggressively reports programming problems by default. This will likely result in more compile warning being reported for your Java code edited in Eclipse.

To serve our users best, we would like to know what the majority of the users desires. Therefore please vote based on your preference.

The Eclipse IDE should report potential programming problems in Java source code more aggressively by default:

1.) Yes
2.) No
------

IMHO this follows the style of the previous question and leaves flexibility to not turn on experimental options by default and/or to turn on future options by default.

-Gunnar