Re: [golo-dev] Going back to milestones and releases :-)

👋 🌍
Hi Vincent,
I've started some experiments with Vert-x and Golo
https://github.com/golo-x/golo-x-web
https://github.com/golo-x/golo-x-mqtt

Enjoy 😊

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 10:23 PM, Julien Ponge <julien.ponge@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Vincent,

> This is very good news. Hope 3.2.0 is not very far away :)

:-)

> Just curious, is Vert.x a good fit with Golo?

To properly support Vert.x and have Golo/Vert.x APIs we'd need to
integrate with the (Vert.x) API code generator, but you can already use
most Java APIs from Golo just fine.

Perhaps Phillipe (in cc) can point you to some of the examples he has.
He showed some nice Golo + Vert.x code last week at Devoxx France.

Thanks for samples of using Golo with Vert.x we've identified an issue
in the Golo runtime for dispatching overloaded methods:
https://github.com/eclipse/golo-lang/issues/455

This is weird since Golo already has inline-cache invalidation for
overloaded methods when parameter types change, so we need to investigate.

> I am in the process of writing a book (meaning loooooong writing
> sessions at night after work), after it is finished I'd love to see if I
> could contribute some simpler stuff to Golo. I use this language more
> and more, right now it powers the JSON API back-end of my personal
> website :) Its no-nonsense simplicity, while not missing required
> functionality, keeps me returning to it.

Great :-)

- Julien

Back to the top