Re: [epp-dev] oomph "bug" in EPP

On 21.06.15 13:23, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
> But I hope you would consider it a bug that oomph that was to be default
> on in Mars won't work with preference types that are present in the most
> downloaded Eclipse distribution from eclipse.org. "preference blobs" are
> unfortunately very common.

I agree. Preference blobs, even for something as simple as a list, are
unfortunately common. XML, JSON, or X-separated lists are everywhere in
the Eclipse preference, in part because some areas of the RCP offer no
support for the rich "tree of key-value pairs" model, the existence of
o.e.jface.preference.ListEditor.parseString [1] being the prime example.

If Oomph would learn to add or remove items to lists kept in a single
key-value pair, that would be awesome, but I fear nigh impossible to
implement without dozens of heuristics. :-(

Andreas

[1]
<http://help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Freference%2Fapi%2Forg%2Feclipse%2Fjface%2Fpreference%2FListEditor.html>

--