Re: [ee4j-pmc] Action item: use of the jakarta groupId

+1 in principle however I also have concerns on timing given the next release of GlassFish will be a JavaEE 8 compatible release. Do we switch now for the JavaEE 8 versions or later when the Jakarta EE working group releases the specs?

Shouldn’t the JavaEE 8 version of Eclipse GlassFish use the Oracle released javax apis?

Steve

From: ee4j-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <ee4j-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Dmitry Kornilov
Sent: 15 September 2018 12:20
To: EE4J PMC Discussions <ee4j-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ee4j-pmc] Action item: use of the jakarta groupId

PMC, we should finish voting and make a formal statement about it. I still don’t see that all PMC members are voted.

David: +1 (It was suggested by David, so I believe that he’s voting +1)

Ivar: ? (From your email I understand that you support it, but I didn’t see your +1)

Kevin: ? (From your email I understand that you support it, but I didn’t see your +1)

Mark: ?

Steve: ?

Dmitry: -1 (I support this change in general. My concern is about deadlines and delaying GF release because of it. I will change my vote if I get a confirmation from all vendors that they will push their project leads to make this change smoothly.)

— Dmitry