Re: [ee4j-pmc] Eclipse GlassFish release plan revision

I do not want to break any rule. I want to propose that the the kit is split up. So the tests for JAX-RS are contained in *our* repo. We discussed this shortly earlier, and the JAX-RS committers do not see why we shall not keep the tests developed by US testing against OUR specification and interfaces, should be kept anywhere else than in OUR repo. We see that there are JAX-RS implementations that will never be part of a full Jakarte EE product, and those shall be able to get certified JAX-RS compliant.

-Markus

From: ee4j-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ee4j-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dmitry Kornilov
Sent: Samstag, 15. September 2018 13:08
To: EE4J PMC Discussions
Subject: Re: [ee4j-pmc] Eclipse GlassFish release plan revision

On 15 Sep 2018, at 10:20, Markus KARG <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dmitry,

thanks for the update! :-)

np

 Questions:

(1) Nov 5 Dependency Updates: Where is the *really final* official list of groupIDs to be used for that step?

Good question. There was no official PMC voting for the groupId change. I tried to initiate it, but I didn’t see that it’s been finished. For me it’s still not clear, are we changing groupIds or not. I am asking other PMC members to make their votes.

 (2) Oct 1 CTS: Spec projects correcting their spec / API might need to update "their" tests, as some tests are not precise enough. What is the plan? (A) All API committers become committers to the CTS project? (B) The CTS project is split up, i. e. e. g. JAX-RS tests removed from CTS repo / merged into JAX-RS repo? (C) API committers provide PRs against the common CTS? (D) Something else?

The first release of GlassFish must be tested by Java EE (not Jakarta EE!) CTS/TCK binaries. Oct 1 milestone is mainly for Oracle to setup a job doing it. Moving CTS tests into project repositories or special TCK projects is the next step which will happen after the first Eclipse GlassFish release. According to EDP, any contributor can be elected as a committer after demonstrating some commitment (3 or more accepted PRs is usually enough). I think that now there are no reasons to break this rule.

Thanks

-Markus