Re: [ee4j-pmc] Jakarta EE Champions

I agree. And the name of the thread kinda proves the point.

As a default rule, if you feel the urge to call something Jakarta, it is likely the responsibility of the working group. If you feel the urge to call it Glassfish , Jersey, or EE4J, it is likely the responsibility of the PMC.

This may also be a good time to point out that running the Java Champions program is something that Sun and Oracle have spent quite a bit of money on over the years, including staffing support positions. As of this moment, we do not have the budget or the staff to support the creation of such a program.

All that said, this is an excellent idea. We would love to be able to do it.

On 2018-03-19 8:55 PM, Wayne Beaton wrote:
This feels like something that's more in the scope of the working group.

The EE4J PMC is primarily concerned with ensuring that the EE4J open projects are successful open source projects. This includes, ensuring that the open source rules of engagement are observed (e.g. that project teams understand and follow the Eclipse Development Process and Eclipse Intellectual Property Process) and that project teams are able to properly colloborate and communicate.

Managing the Jakarta EE brand (which includes evangelism) is the purview of the Jakarta EE Working Group.

Wayne