Od: Werner Keil
Odesláno:pátek 13. října 2017 17:14
Komu: ee4j-community@xxxxxxxxxxx
Předmět: Re: [ee4j-community] Eclipse Jetty and EE4J

Not being a Standard, MP can afford to go without a RI. Some sub projects create "Sample Implementations" while others leave that completely to a particular vendor. I think there should be a little more consistency on that.

Jetty is a compatible Servlet Implementation but not the RI. Whether it could play such role under EE4J guess you have to discuss that with the respective people when the time comes.

Unlike Glassfish it certainly could be an advantage having moved all Code to Eclipse already. Servlet JSR needs a RI if it was continued under javax.servlet. The only way not to have a RI would be to break entirely with the existing Servlet Standard and create a new one in a different place.

Werner

Back to the top