Re: [ee4j-community] Eclipse Jetty and EE4J

Indeed,

>Jetty has a lightweight Handler framework that may be used to write HTTP servers without using the >full Servlets API.
https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-major-differences-between-Tomcat-and-Jetty-application-servers

It does certainly implement some, but looks like it doesn't pass all of the TCK.

Having created such modular TCK allowing implementations of JSR 363 to pass it in different profiles (scaling from Java ME Embedded to SE or EE) I wonder why this could not also work for Servlets towards a more Microservice friendly approach..?;-)

Werner

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 10:04 PM, Bill Shannon <bill.shannon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Werner Keil wrote on 10/13/17 08:14 AM:

> Jetty is a compatible Servlet Implementation

Actually, it is not.

Jetty has never licensed, and thus never passed, the Servlet TCK.

Back to the top