[eclipse.org-committers] Eclipse Committer Badge Programme

Greetings Committers

We announced at EclipseCon that we're implementing a Committer Badge programme. We've partnered with Credly to provide digital badges that acknowledge your status as an Eclipse Committer. Everybody who has committer status on at least one Eclipse open source project is entitled to the badge.

You can add the badge to your professional profiles, such as LinkedIn, to highlight your expertise and stand out to potential employers or clients. By sharing your badge on social media platforms, you can increase your visibility and attract the attention of potential employers, colleagues, or collaborators. It serves as a powerful endorsement of your skills and can lead to networking opportunities.

Early in 2024, we will start actively offering the badge to all current committers.

In the meantime, if you would like to have the badge now, please send a note to emo-records@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with your request.

There is more information in the handbook.

Comments and discussion are welcome, but let's have the conversation here (with ~2K people on this list, it's better that we have focused discussions in a specific channel).

Note that we discuss new initiatives like this, changes in our policies and practices, and other topics that are of interest to committers during our monthly Committer Office Hours sessions.

Thanks for your attention.

Wayne
--

Wayne Beaton

Director of Open Source Projects | Eclipse Foundation

My working day may not be your working day! Please don’t feel obliged to read or reply to this e-mail outside of your normal working hours.

Back to the top