Re: [eclipse.org-committers] GitHub Actions CI Jobs

We finally moved away from running our CI jobs in our main repository (at least those that take more than 5 minutes). We're now using a "hacky" way to trigger our workflows in a repo that belongs to a different organization so that we don't consume the Eclipse organization's concurrency quotas.

I checked your repo [1] and I see that you have ~20 workflows with at least 12 of them running on schedule twice a day (I think you already mentioned this in a previous email but at that time I didn't realize there were so many of them). I think you're going to be definitely impacted by the quota restrictions, maybe you should think about using another option too.

Regarding your specific trace, maybe GitHub only has a few machines dedicated to the Ubuntu 16.04 image (wild guess), 20.04 is now the default for ubuntu-latest.

On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 5:31 PM Werner Keil <werner.keil@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Adam,

I saw similar Problems with Travis-CI used by some Eclipse Projects especially on the Jakarta EE side, but while I use GH actions for a few other Open Source Projects like OpenDDR the Eclipse Projects I lead or actively contribute to mostly use Jenkins build Jobs, thus are not affected by These restrictions.

Regards,

Werner

Von: Adam Gibson
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 1. April 2021 09:11
An: Werner Keil
Cc: Mikael Barbero; Marc Nuri; marc.nuri@xxxxxxxxxx; eclipse.org-committers@xxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [eclipse.org-committers] GitHub Actions CI Jobs

Hey folks:

I'm noticing some throttling in GH actions:

2021-04-01T05:49:32.9018891Z ##[section]Starting: Request a runner to run this job
2021-04-01T05:49:33.1592308Z Can't find any online and idle self-hosted runner in current repository that matches the required labels: 'ubuntu-16.04'
2021-04-01T05:49:33.1592429Z Can't find any online and idle self-hosted runner in current repository's account/organization that matches the required labels: 'ubuntu-16.04'
2021-04-01T05:49:33.1592791Z Found online and idle hosted runner in current repository's account/organization that matches the required labels: 'ubuntu-16.04'
2021-04-01T05:49:33.2934997Z ##[section]Finishing: Request a runner to run this job

I assume this will fix itself eventually, but I was wondering if anyone else saw similar issues.

Thanks,
Adam

Back to the top