Re: [ease-dev] Render matplotlib plots

Hi Vinod,

I did hack together a proof of concept a couple years back that adds a custom matplotlib backend that just hijacks the agg renderer to write the figure to a .png file and open it in an eclipse view.

I uploaded the files to github [1]. There is a very quick README so hopefully you should get it to run pretty easily.

Please check the README as there are several issues but still it proofs that it is in fact possible and should be at least a starting point if someone is interested in picking up this topic. Hope this helps...

BR,
Martin

[1] https://github.com/kmhsonnenkind/ease_matplotlib_backend