Re: [ease-dev] Custom modules help generation

Hi Serge,

Module documentation files are always generated in the plugin that contains the module itself. For generation we use a custom doclet and run that on Javadoc.

The doclet will parse javadocs from module classes, creates entries in the plugin.xml for the toc files and adds dependencies to eclipse.help

Best try out manual generation first using following tutorial (at the very end)

http://codeandme.blogspot.de/2014/10/writing-modules-for-ease.html

I prefer to build documentation automatically as it then stays in-sync with your codebase and you do not need to check in the documentation at all.

For maven integration have a look at the pom we use for the EASE build:

http://git.eclipse.org/c/ease/org.eclipse.ease.core.git/tree/releng/org.eclipse.ease.releng/pom.xml

Line 196ff contains the profile to build the documentation.

HTH

Christian