[ease-dev] Shipping release v0.5.0

Hi there,

we just released v0.5.0 of the EASE framework. We have some major updates for you, especially if you are interested in python scripting:

* support for native python interpreters via Py4J

With Py4J EASE now can execute python code on any installed interpreter. Py4J provides a bridge from the python code to the JRE, allowing to use all the nice features from EASE like module loading or access to the workbench. Besides you now can use all these nice python libraries which do not work in Jython, like numpy or scipy. Support also includes debugging features.

* rewrite of the unit test framework

The unit test framework was rewritten from scratch, now allowing to write your tests in javascript or python. For javascript we now support a class-like way to provide your tests. Further the classic (functional) style is still available. On python we support pyunit test style, so you may run your tests either with the classic pyunit runner or within the EASE test framework.

Hope to see you at ECE where we will have the chance to present some of these nice features to you!

have fun,
Christian

Back to the top