[ease-dev] Python module loading

Hi devs,

today I played a little with python import hooks to see how we can make module loading more python like for EASE developers.

It is relatively simple to use import statements instead of loadModule. Now I am reaching out to you python developers to ask how we should organize namespaces here:

instead of

    loadModule("/Platform/Resources")

we could use

a) import Platform.Resources
b) import EASE.Platform.Resources
c) import Eclipse.EASE.Platform.Resources
d) import Eclipse.Platform.Resources
e) ???

What would be a good python-style package name?

We could also think if we allow to import multiple modules at once, eg

from Platform import * # loads Resources modules and all other modules from the Platform category

let me know your thoughts

Christian

Back to the top