[ease-dev] EASE release + Eclipse Science 2nd simultaneous release

Hi,

The Eclipse Science Working Group are planning a 2nd Science simultaneous release, following on from our successful one last year [1].

As the Python Scripting in EASE is an important technology for Science projects and is already in use in production by some members such as Airbus[2] I would like to propose EASE joins us for the next simultaneous release, i.e. have the next release on the same date.

The release will be scheduled for October 2017, with a proposed date of 10th October 2017. This would be 2 weeks before Eclipsecon Europe and once again use this release and conference as momentum to promote the latest of our great features, including EASE.

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,
Tracy

[1] https://science.eclipse.org/content/eclipse-foundation-collaboration-yields-open-source-technology-computational-science